What We Do
Facilities Management, one of the fastest growing industries of the last economic cycle, is where Larch has its roots. Our consultants are recognised as leaders and opinion-formers in the sector, where we have a reputation for innovative and high quality work with successful outcomes both at the strategic and the practical level.
Larch is about solving difficult or complex problems requiring a range of specialist skills. Our work revolves around the interplay between the organisation, its business objectives and the individual. We understand the links between strategy, people and processes, and develop programmes to improve business performance. We combine tried and tested techniques and models with new ways of working with individuals and teams, but what we don’t do is offer our clients an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution. Each project is unique.
Facilities Management Expertise
- Detailed knowledge of the FM sector and service provider landscape
- FM service programmes for prestige/landmark buildings and diverse portfolios
- Procurement and mobilisation of FM contracts
- Restructuring of FM arrangements
- Service improvement and change management
- FM troubleshooting
Support to In-House FM Teams
- Sourcing strategies and procurement
- Role specifications and selection panels
- Mentoring key roles
- Independent review
- Service improvement programmes
FM Change Implementation
- Planning and delivering complex change programmes.
- Integrating in-house service management into high quality and high performance teams.
- Implementing service efficiencies including developing and implementing revised contracts/SLAs.
- Improving service performance through process mapping & implementing change initiatives across the enterprise.
- Supporting procurement and tender processes including sourcing strategy, specification development, supplier tender evaluation and supplier selection.
Strategic Portfolio Reviews
- Strategic reviews of complex properties and property portfolios.
- Developing FM Operational Strategies.
- Strategic corporate reviews.
- Establishing corporate benchmarks.
Continuous Performance Improvement
- Improving operational performance through increased customer participation, collaborative working and continuous performance improvement initiatives.
- Specific methods to review current supplier and FM management information systems, which relate to measuring customer services performance.
- Development and monitoring of corrective action plans to support continuous performance improvement initiatives within in-house or outsourced FM services.
- Developing standard assessment forms and briefing notes for customer service experience reviews.
Training and Mentoring
- Competence profiling (technical and behavioural assessment) of FM teams.
- Advising on the use of profiling findings for individual and team performance improvement.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Delivering training sessions.
Consultancy Tools and Techniques
- Data collation templates.
- FM Specification templates.
- Structured walkthroughs.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Emulation Modelling.
- Benchmarking analysis.